NCC Family Life Newsletter
Link to online formatted newsletter: Family Life | WIN a picnic hamper! | Young carers survey | Support from children's centre services | Notts Outdoors goes wild! | Summer holidays activities | Wildlife watch (govdelivery.com)
Calling all young carers!
We’d like to find out more about young carers in Nottinghamshire and what they think about the support and services available. We want to hear what they think is working well, what could be done differently and what else is needed so that we can use this to develop the services for the future.
There are surveys for young carers themselves and their parents/carers.
Is your child starting nursery or school this year?
Starting nursery or school is a big step for you and your child. Our children’s centre service can offer tailor-made support to suit your family’s needs.
Things we can offer are:
- All About Me activities – self-portrait, comforters, health information, toilet training
- Play, listening and communication – talking walks, stories and singing, helping you understand social cues and the emotional needs of your child
- Virtual chats – Support for parents, including ideas for dealing with separation anxiety for both of you
- My school – getting to know ‘my’ school, teacher, layout, school bag, visual timetables
- Facing the world – what does this look like to your child post-lockdown
- Routines and boundaries – Sleep and behaviour support
- Self-help skills for children to build independence
If you'd like support from the children's centre service, follow the link below to find your local team.
Notts Outdoors goes wild!
Notts Outdoors is excited to be working alongside the RSPB to help deliver their exciting summer programme, Go Wild in the Greenwood.
With have-a-go archery, angel and Tomahawke throwing, and our mobile climbing wall, why not come and test your skills at the home of Robin Hood?
Join us at Sherwood Forest, where different events will be taking place each day throughout the school holidays, for a perfect family day out.
Prices vary depending on activity.
Summer holiday fun activities
Looking for ideas for some summer fun with the kids?
From visiting Nottinghamshire’s country parks, arts and crafts, theatrical performances, to reading and activities to do at home, we have got you covered.
The British summer is the perfect time to explore all of the beautiful nature on your doorstep. The Wildlife Trust has a fantastic page that is packed full of fun free activities for children including spotter sheets, activity guides, masks to make and much more!
- 01636 555700
Find Collingham Parish
71 High Street, Collingham, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23 7LB